Well, I am going to start from the beginning of this whole pregnancy journey. I first got pregnant over a year ago in November of 2008. I had a miscarriage in January of 2009. I was only about 6 weeks pregnant. But boy was that tough to go through. I still find myself thinking about whether the baby was a boy or a girl and sometimes find myself shedding a tear or two thinking about it. Little did I know that it would be a long journey of trying to get pregnant afterwards. You always hear of people that it took them a long time or had to have fertility treatments to get pregnant, but you never think it will be you. After the miscarriage, We tried for a while. I went to the doctor to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant. I had to have a procedure done where they insert dye into your fallopian tubes to check for blockages. WOW! Let's just say that was painful. I was then put on a fertility pill called Chlomid. I was on that for 3 months. Every month, I was having to go to the doctor to have bloodwork done to make sure my levels were high enough to conceive. The month that I got pregnant, my levels had dropped a lot from the prvious month but were still high enough to conceive. Let's just say that I have kept Rite Aid in business buying pregnancy tests. I cannot tell you how many I have taken and been let down everytime. Well this particular Wednesday in February, The 17th of February to be exact, around 4:00 in the afternoon.... I was expecting to be let down yet again. But to my surprise, the test was positive. I started crying right there in the bathroom. Tears of JOY! I waited a little while later and took another one. Yes! It was positive again. I waited until TJ got home around 5:00 and gave him a present to open. It was a card that said Happy late Valentine's day with the test attached to it! I also had a passy-fire in there!!! :) We were excited but deep down, I still had the fear that something could go wrong and I could lose this one too. We were going to wait until we went to the doctor for our first appointment, before telling people. Well, that lasted all but 2 days. On Friday, TJ came home from work and said that he had been thinking about it at work and felt like we needed to go ahead and tell people so that they could be praying for us. So that night we went and bought all kinds of baby stuff and made 2 goody bags for our parents! In both of the bags were notes that said Congrats! Your going to be Grandparents! We went to each of their houses and took them their present! They were all so very excited!!! Then we had to call everyone and let them know! Everyone has been praying for us!
We went to the doctor in March,2010 for our first appointment. We had an ultrasound done and were able to see and hear the baby's heart pumping away. It was beating at 123 beats per minute. I was 7 1/2 weeks pregnant then. I was sooo excited to see that babies heartbeat and had tears pouring from my eyes. A week or so after that, my really good friend Heather(who I have been friend's with since pre-school, all through school and college, were in each other's weddings, and were born a couple days apart from each other) called me to tell me that she had just gone to the doctor and found out she was pregnant too! And guess what???? We have the SAME due date: October 23rd, 2010!!! How cool is that!
On April 14th, we went back to the doctor for our next appointment. We heard the baby's heart beat again. This time it was beating at 160 beats per minute.
On May 19th, TJ and I, my mama, TJ's mama, and TJ's sister Ashley, all went to the doctor to find out what we were having. The ultrasound tech and doctor told us that we were having a little girl!!!
Yayyy!!!! We are very excited! Of course I would of been tickled with a boy or a girl. However, little girls are so much fun!
We have already picked out a name. Her name is Paisley. However, we are not quite sure about the middle name yet. We have already gotten Paisley's crib bedding set! I must say that it is super cute and fits her name perfectly. It is Pink and green Paisley print with dots and stripes and a hint of yellow in it. I ordered a HUGE 7x9 rug to go in her room because the floors in our house are hardwood. The rug is light pink with big white polka dots on it. I cannot wait to get it in!
I was 19 weeks pregnant yesterday, and went to register for baby stuff with my friend Caroline! We had a blast(well I know I did). We registered at Target and Babies R Us. I registered about a month ago at Wal-Mart with my mom. However, that was before I knew what I was having, so now I need to go back and add some stuff since we know that we are having a little girl.
My weekly baby update email said yesterday, that Paisley can now hear my voice!!! That makes me excited because now I can talk to her, and read to her! I felt her moving a lot yesterday! That is the best feeling in the world! :)
Well, I know that was long but I needed to catch everyone up on all that has gone on in the past several months! I cannot wait for little Paisley to get here!
Brittany
No comments:
Post a Comment